Re: Adopting dpkg-ftp

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Yann Dirson wrote:

> IIRC, when I checked it mainly missed error recovery for
> low-reliability PPP lines - dpkg-ftp offers to try to go on dowloading
> a Packages file or a .deb when an error occurs.

This might make a future cut with APT.. right now it aborts the troubled
file and goes on to the next one, if you run it again it will resume the
troubled file transparently.

> Maybe it also misses some of the other features I had added to
> dpkg-ftp for hamm - see changelog for details.

I didn't see anything.. The v3 version has support for firewall
configuration which should cover the last set of features.

Jason