Re: Suggestion: Skip Slink!

On Sun, Jan 03, 1999 at 10:04:11PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:

> 2. Slink release is some time off, and is complicated by the fact
>    that most developers now run potato.

Really?  I'm not.  If this is indeed the case, it lends a lot of
weight to Ben Collins' arguments in favor of not creating another
unstable untill we actually have a release out the door.  I'm not sure
that proposal was perfect, but there was certainly some merit to it.
If nothing else it would focus people's attention on the fact that we
are supposed to be releasing something instead of just bundling all
the latest bleeding edge software:->

As an aside, this is an area where some money wouldn't hurt.  A bit of
real life pressure is sometimes a good thing, and having the time and
incentive to spend all day fixing bugs sure wouldn't hurt, either.
How this might work in the real world is not clear to me, so I suppose
I'll let it drop.  I know *I* sure would like to be employed to hack
on Debian, Linux, free software all day;-) Maybe some day..

Ciao,

        Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org