Re: Alioth and local proxy

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, Andreas Tille wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, David Palmer wrote:
>
> It is not only Galeon as I said because it works fine at home and
> from any other location I know.  But behind some kind of Proxy I'm
> unable to specify more detailed (any commercial product I guess)
> I did not found any Linux-Browser (except wget) which displays
> Alioth well - but IE 6.0 works fine and thus there must be a trick
> to let it work.
I'd like to add the fact that I now installed Mozilla and Mozilla Firefox
on the Win-Machine which works with IE 6.0.  The Mozilla browsers fail here
as well.  So the situation is as follows: There exists at least one
proxy configuration which prevents all free browsers from displaying
Alioth and leaves only IE 6.0 to work with our free development machine.
I repeat: This is a proxy issue, because I do not have this problem at
home.  The proxy settings of IE and Mozilla browsers are equal.  The
problem is the same if I use the proxy directly or through squid proxy
cache.  (I do not know anything about the proxy except that it is no
squid and I would have nearly zero chance to find out relevant data
about this proxy.)

The Alioth project team is in CC and might have an overview about this
problem at

    http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2004/debian-devel-200404/msg00413.html

Kind regards

         Andreas.