Re: Debian GNU/Linux Reference Card under construction

Sorry, I forgot that I CCed the list.  English translation
follows below:

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 06:40:38PM +0000, W. Borgert wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 04:47:52PM +0200, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> > I really appreciate your work on the reference card. But maybe
> > its allowed to make a suggestion?
>
> Na klar.

en: Of course.

> > Would it be possible to focus on the stuff that is specific to
> > Debian? Standard Unix tools like cat, man, find, grep, ls, mkdir
> > etc. are important to know, but they should get their own reference
> > card (which would be helpfull for all Linux/Unix users, regardless
> > which distro they are using). Same for Apache, PostgresSQL, and Samba.
> > This would give you more space on the "Debian GNU/Linux" refcard.
>
> Ich habe die Reference Card natuerlich mit einer bestimmten
> (heterogenen) Nutzergruppe im Kopf erstellt:

en: I created the reference with a specific (heterogenous)
    user group in mind.

> 1. Kollegen von mir, die bisher ueberwiegend Windows benutzt
>    haben und benutzen und daher die einfachsten
>    Shell-Befehle immer wieder vergessen.

en: 1. Colleagues of mine, who used (or are using) primarily
       Windows and therefore always forget the simplest of
       shell commands.

> 2. Andere Kollegen von mir, die Solaris, HP-UX, RedHat, SuSE
>    oder Mandrake kennen und daher die apt-get- und
>    dpkg-Befehle nicht im Kopf behalten koennen oder wollen.

en: 2: Other colleagues of mine, of know either Solaris, HP-UX,
       RedHat, SuSE, or Mandrake and therefore don't (like to)
       remember apt-get and dpkg commands.

> Zugegebenermassen sind das zwei Welten, aber trotzdem
> Absicht.  Danke fuer's Feedback trotzdem!

en: Admittedly that are two worlds, but intention.  Thanks
    anyway for the Rueckkopplung.

Tschuess,
--
W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~debacle/