Re: native packages

Joachim Breitner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> probably just a corner case, but for packages that happen to have no
> useful .tar.gz.orig (either because it is distributed as
> .zip.foo.rar.uuenc.gpg or because a lot of stuff has to be removed for
> legal reasons), it should be ok for the maintainer to just make one
> .tar.gz file, and not to "invent" a diff.
Actually, it's awfully convenient quite often to have a separate diff and
orig even if the orig has to be "repacked"; I don't think I've ever seen an
orig which was *so* badly packed that I'd abandon upstream's tree entirely,
rather than just repacking upstream's-unpacked-tree-minus-non-free-files
into a .tar.gz.

--
Make sure your vote will count.
http://www.verifiedvoting.org/