Re: scsh in next woody (was: Re: Preparation of the next stable update)

Joost van Baal wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 06:10:33PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > Preparation of the next stable Debian GNU/Linux update
> >
> > An up-to-date version is at <http://people.debian.org/~joey/3.0r3/>.
> >
> > I am preparing the third revision of the current stable Debian
> > distribution (woody) and will infrequently send reports so people can
> > actually comment on it and intervene whenever this is required.
> >
> <snip>
> > scsh        stable        0.6.0-2           arm hppa i386 m68k mips mipsel powerpc s390 sparc source
> >
> > 	Should be moved to non-free, but requires help of developers
> > 	who support non-free to rebuild the new package on non-ia32
> > 	architectures.  I'm in touch with Lionel, but we need support
> > 	from others.  The good thing is that the new version will be
> > 	free again.  So this is not an evil non-free package, but a
> > 	package which unintentionally contained non-free parts, that
> > 	were removed in a later release after intervention of the
> > 	Debian maintainer.  Hence, we should rather move it to
> > 	non-free for stable than remove it.  I'd argue differently if
> > 	this package would still be non-free in its most recent
> > 	version.
>
> As I've wrote Thu, 1 Apr 2004 19:01:46 +0200 in Message-ID:
> <20040401170146.GP7842@nagy.mdcc.cx>, packages for all mentioned
> architectures and source have been uploaded.  Thanks to Matthew Wilcox,
> Goswin von Brederlow, Colin Watson, Wouter Verhelst and Thiemo Seufer!

I've seen that, and I also saw that it is already uploaded and compiled
for some architectures.  However, since it is moving from section foo
to non-free/foo, it has to go through NEW again, and hence, it will take
a while until I see the packages where I can process them.

Here is what I saw:

scsh_0.6.0-2woody1_arm.changes
scsh_0.6.0-2woody1_hppa.changes
scsh_0.6.0-2woody1_i386.changes
scsh_0.6.0-2woody1_m68k.changes
scsh_0.6.0-2woody1_mips.changes
scsh_0.6.0-2woody1_mipsel.changes
scsh_0.6.0-2woody1_powerpc.changes
scsh_0.6.0-2woody1_s390.changes
scsh_0.6.0-2woody1_sparc.changes

Regards,

	Joey

--
If nothing changes, everything will remain the same.  -- Barne's Law