Debian power management infrastructure

I think Debian's power management infrastructure needs a few changes.
Currently I see that there is a very nice set of directories in
/etc/apm/*.d that packages can add scripts to for certain power events.
This is WONDERFUL. However, powerpc doesn't use apm. We use pmu. Which
is very similar.

Also, x86 uses ACPI now.

I would propose that perhaps the /etc/apm directory be changed to
/etc/power, a location that makes sense for both apm and pmu, and other
power related systems to get their scripts from.

Of course pmu could just run stuff in /etc/apm, but is that Right?

Questions? Comments? Flames?

Jerry Haltom