Re: What about /usr/share/locale. Was: Re: Packaging _still_ wasteful for many large packages

Hi Mike!

cheako911@yahoo.com (Mike Mestnik) writes:

> On my sparc it's 80MB, that's a whole hard drive if you ask me and 80MB
> hard drive!  Most of these files I will NOT EVER USE.  I was wondering if
> I can just rm them or if there will be a debian pkg|debconf for cleaning
> this up?

I developed the package localepurge for almost the same reason a few
years ago and with further input by other users it has become quite
useful. This should partly do the trick for you although there are
still other space consuming unnecessary files (e.g. KDE and GNOME
localized help files) left over which should be taken care of by
someone. Here's the package description: