Re: Soliciting "I need these everywhere I go" package lists from Debian admins

On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 12:11:12AM -0500, David B Harris wrote:
> Hence this mail - I'm soliciting package lists from other Debian admins
> and developers/maintainers. What I'm looking for (given the small size
> of the target media) is the list of packages you, as a Debian admin,
> install on pretty much every machine you either use routinely or
> administer routinely regardless of what the purpose of the box is. For
> instance, I have Vim on my list. It's my editor of choice, I use it
> pretty much everywhere I can.

Here's a list..

w3m
ntpdate
wget (surprisingly, not in the base system)
tree
rsync
sudo (debatable)
pinfo
ntpdate
netcat
mutt
lsof
grep-dctrl
bwm
bzip2

For programming (which I do on every machine ;))

manpages-dev
valgrind
astyle
diff and patch (not sure which one is in base, IIRC at least one is)
devscripts
dpatch
cvs (let the flames commence)
cproto