Re: apt 0.6 in experimental

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 06:36:52PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:

> Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > > I use apt-get --print-uris update as art of what is essentially an
> > > offline apt setup. Won't this horribly break such things?
> >
> > Yes, it will.  Release is not queued until Release.gpg has been attempted,
> > and Packages and Sources are not queued until Release has been attempted.
> > If you use the method described in "Using APT Offline" (in apt-doc), rather
> > than a hack based on apt-get --print-uris update, everything should work
> > fine.
>
> My setup is loosely derived from that described in section 3.2 of that
> very document, which uses --print-uris.

That document does not use --print-uris with update, only with dist-upgrade
(which works fine even in 0.6).  It does seem to imply that it would work,
but the method described first, in section 2.*, is generally much more robust.

> > For local repositories, Release isn't copied, and apparently gpgv doesn't
> > expect this.  -o Debug::Acquire::gpgv=yes should give some detail about
> > where it's going wrong.
>
> Hmm, I was setting this up on another machine that has the bandwidth to
> apt-get update right now, and:
>
> Fetched 75.6kB in 1s (44.2kB/s)
> zsh: segmentation fault  apt-get update
>
> Unfortunatly when I run it again, it does not crash anymore.

As I said elsewhere in the thread, the tagfile parser is still busted in
some weird way, and I'm sick of staring at it for today.

> Adding -o Debug::Acquire::gpgv=yes does not seem to add any additional
> debugging info about why it cannot validate my file: repositories.

It should print the gpg command line.  What is it?

--
 - mdz