No trusted path to certificate

With the latest version of libldap2 in sid, ldapsearch
with a simple bind (-x) returns an error when i try to use
tls (-Z) or ldaps (-H ldaps://server).  When I execute
with -d -1, after returning information about the
certificate (which we've generated), it says the
following:

TLS certificate verification: Error, No trusted path to certificate
TLS: can't connect.
ldap_perror
ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (81)
	additional info: Error in the certificate.

Can someone please tell me which FM i should R to find out
how to install the server cert (or perhaps the CA cert I
used when generating the server cert?) on my client machine
so that I can use tls?

	thank you so much in advance,
		~c

--
if i top posted, i probably did it on purpose, and yes i know my lines might trail out the right end of your mail viewer/client (but only if you have an inadequate one)