Re: Proposed change to debian release system

Hi,

I think a problem is the difference between stable software and stable
distro... i.e.: perl 5.8 is the stable release of perl, but it isn't
into the stable distro, because managing a distro to be stable requires
packages not to being upgraded...

I think the idea of the "Current" release would be good if it is
automatic,  just like testing... but that would require maintainers to
inform the upstream status (unstable/stable) of the software and a
dynamic distro with all the software that is upstream-stable would
fit... I don't know if this is too hard to do, but certainly It would be
nice to people that doesn't like to have unstable software, but like
having recent software...

In this way, "Current" would be never released, but would have the most
recent "stable" software (but it wouldn't be a stable distro after all).