Working with Debian was: exec-shield (maybe ITP kernel-patch-exec-shield)

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 05:41:40PM +0100, Peter Busser wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Russell Coker wrote:
> > On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 21:29, cobaco wrote:
> > Peter Busser is THE Adamantix guy.  I have suggested to him that he maintain
> > such packages in Debian, but he does not seem interested.
>
> A bit late, but I only found out today about this.
>
> You are absolutely right on this, I am not interested in maintaining such a
> patch package. Would you maintain a patch package when you can already apt-get
> install working kernel-images with everything you need, including PaX? I don't
> think so.

Let's see.  Since you're "THE Adamantix guy", then maybe if you made a
debian kernel patch package you could just install it to make your default
Adamantix?

You could broaden your testing base just by doing the same work you're doing
now (by integrating PaX into the Linux kernel), by only doing it in a
different place.

But then again, this isn't new.  How often does knoppix, Lindows (or any of
the other debian based dists) submit code back to debian or help with
packaging, or submit bug reports or...?