Re: Integrate Knoppix in Debian (was: Re: Debian Enterprise?)

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:

> > Is there a process for making these CDs from nothing more than debs
> > downloaded from debian.org?
>
> I know at least of one such process and its the one used at metadistros
> (metadistros.hispalinux.es). The tool in this case is called 'calzador'.
> IIRC it basicly depends on having a chroot environment set with the OS
> image you want to burn and it adds that together with  the bootup stuff.

   ~> apt-cache search calzador

has no output and this is (one of) the problem here.  What we need is
*complete* integration.  The profit would be on both sides: Metadistros
would get well known in the Debian community (first step would be an
internationalized web page).  On the other hand Debian would become
fit for even more user tasks.

> There's still much to do in order to develop said script but some projects
> were trying to automate this process. It still remains to see if these
> scripts are going to be reusable and could be included in Debian.
Why?
Any piece of free software might be able to include into Debian.

Kind regards

          Andreas.