Re: Some observations regardig the progress towards Debian 3.1

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 06:15:41PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 09:57:41AM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> >   * mozilla - almost there but hasn't built on m68k and mipsel,
> >     apparently due to various dependency problems. Could benefit from
> >     being retried.
>
> Besides this, Mozilla with at about two dozen other packages depending
> on a specific version of Mozilla will never enter testing without a
> massive hinting (thats one of the reasons why testing still contains
> Mozilla 1.0.0).

One small reason, but most of the reason is that it's had RC bugs and
been out of date on random architectures for ages.

Anyway, I cannot see a serious tenable argument that we're better off
keeping mozilla 1.0.0 just because a couple of mozilla-locale-foo
packages aren't ready for 1.5 yet [1], so we'll just remove from testing
any of those that aren't ready when mozilla finally makes it in its own
right. They'll have a chance to make it back in. Fortunately, half of
them appear to be OK at the moment.

[1] As I make it, the following packages in testing depend on a specific
    version of mozilla in such a way as to cause problems when upgrading
    mozilla. If you can back up your "about two dozen" with an expanded
    list, please do so.

      mozilla-locale-auto
      mozilla-locale-ca
      mozilla-locale-de-at