Re: debian-installer beta 1

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Julian Mehnle wrote:

> Is "md RAID" (I don't know this one) compatible with ATARAID in regard of
> the partition/storage layout on disks, i.e. can I use ATARAID drivers to
> access "md RAID" disks and vice versa?  I need this kind of compatibility
> since I dual-boot Windows 2000 on the systems in question.

No. It won't get you in a vendor lockin, and it is MUCH better
performance-wise to boot.

Just ditch the ataraid crap, the only use for it is to share raid arrays
with MS Windows.   You'll be much better off using the ataraid controllers
as simple ata controllers, and using linux software raid (md raid).

  Henrique Holschuh