Re: POSIX capabilities patch

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> In article <[🔎] 20031115163401.GA2483@wonderland.linux.it>,
> Marco d'Itri  <md@Linux.IT> wrote:
> >On Nov 15, Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> wrote:
> >Sorry: http://www.linux.it/~md/software/ssd.tgz .
>
> Should that go into /sbin/init itself, so that you can boot with
> initcaps=eip,cap_setpcap+eip on the command line ? Or is it still
> too early to put that into init upstream ?

It is way in time to have it in init :-)

> I assume init then has to link against libcap or something.
> Would it add a lot of size to the binary ?

If you have to link libcap, probably :-(  OTOH, maybe you can have all
used-only-once code in a different page than the commonly used code, so that
it can be swapped out easily...

Anyway, for init, you might do a much simpler "initcaps=0xf00" that does not
need libcap, if size is a problem.

  Henrique Holschuh