Re: gimp1.2: gimp package suggest non-free software

Adam Heath dijo [Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 10:45:38AM -0600]:
> On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Chris Cheney wrote:
>
> > Except for the fact that no tool supports Enhances... (or has that
> > changed?)
>
> Well, if we follow Manoj's advice, humans are tools, and they  understand
> enhances, which means policy is allowed to talk about it.
>
> If you don't agree with that, talk about it on -policy(ie, that policy should
> not discuss enhances).

But our users should not be expected to look at control files in order
to know what to install, should they?

Following this reasoning, we might suggest that policy only states the
mandatory fields in control, and any field not covered by policy
should just be ignored by our tools... That way, I could put this cool
line in my control files:

Greetings: Hi mom!

and it would parse just fine. And yes, I can ask my mom to go and
check if there is something fun in my packaging...

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.cx - (+52-55)5630-9700 ext. 1366
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23