Re: Package libc6-dev depends on linux-kernel-headers

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 05:23:30PM -0500, Andrew Pimlott wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 01:20:49PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > It does not need to.  Feel free to propose a patch to document this
> > more clearly (I don't really want to rename it again...)
>
> Add something like this to the description:
>
>     These headers are not used to compile kernel modules, and need
>     not match the running kernel or any installed kernel source
>     tree.
>
> Andrew

I understand that renaming the package is less than easy and that making
the description include this warning is fairly straightforward, but if
we acknowledge that there is a problem here, then in the long-run this
will come up again and again based soley on the package name, as people
won't read the descriptions before complaining. Renaming the package
will save trouble later.

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/