Linux kernel re-packaged using CDBS

Hi there!

Well, this is to announce that I just [re-]packaged the Linux kernel. It's
not that I'm unhappy with the current (somewhat strange) way of packaging
Linux, but rather than I wanted to try something new and package it as a
standard Debian package (which means, sources in orig.tar.gz, debian/ dir
in diff.gz, etc) using CDBS.

Don't get me wrong with this, my impression is that the packages and tools
available in Debian to compile the Linux kernel are pretty exploitable and
a good choice for the power user, who typicaly wants to re-compile Linux
perself, apply per's own set of patches, etc. However, I feel that an option
for newbie users to "install & forget" just like we do for every Debian
package is missing for what the Linux kernel is concerned.

So, to the results:

 - DBS-style debian/rules (CDBS)
 - The patchset is _exactly_ the same as the default patchset from Herbert.
   Actualy, it's updated dynamicaly by build-depending on kernel-patch-debian
   (see debian/rules).
 - You can check the source in http://people.debian.org/~rmh/linux/
   (download the orig.tar.gz from upstream, see 00README.)

Please try it out and send me some feedback, thanks!

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)