Re: Package libc6-dev depends on linux-kernel-headers

Hello,

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 10:21:14AM +0100, Otto Wyss wrote:
> Since when does the package libc6-dev depend on linux-kernel-headers? Is
> this dependes really necessary?
>
> O. Wyss

I have filled a bug report yesterday about this dependency. It is not
normal to have it in dependency : it needs to overwrite header from your
own kernel, it conflicts with many *-dev package ( for example dvb-dev
). It is 2.5 kernel header, which is not my kernel at all.

I hope the glibc maintainer will consider my bug ( i set it to severity
+normal, since not all people need -dev and kernel-header ).

I also really want to know why 2.5.99 header is needed ( don't have the
courage to browse the lic6 header ).

Kind regard
Sylvain LE GALL