Re: [debian-devel] [Deb] Re: Localized bug reporting?

On 31-Oct-03, 10:18 (CST), John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> wrote:
> Steve Greenland writes:
> > There are probably a lot of non-English speaking users who can't usefully
> > browse the BTS now. A few more messages that English readers can't read
> > won't hurt anything.
>
> Even if the maintainer can't read it?  File a bug against one of my
> packages in a language I can't read and I will respond with a request (in
> English) that you provide a translation to a language I can deal with
> (English, French, and Spanish in order of preference).  If I don't get the
> translation I will downgrade the bug to 'normal', tag it 'unreproducible'
> and 'help', and ignore it until a translation materializes.

Right. I thought that's more or less what I said, if not so explicitly.

No need for any special infrastructure to deal with it.

Steve, who is mildly ashamed to admit that anything not in English will
require help.

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net