lpe build problems....

Hi,

On some platforms, namely the ones which are out of date for lpe,
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?excuse=lpe

I keep getting the following warning:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../../src -O2 -c  -fPIC -DPIC perlmode.c -o perlmode.lo
/bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=link gcc  -O2  -o perlmode.la  -no-undefined -avoid-version -module -export-dynamic -rpath /usr/lib/lpe perlmode.lo
rm -fr .libs/perlmode.la .libs/perlmode.* .libs/perlmode.*

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lc.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
*** dependencies of module perlmode.  Therefore, libtool will create
*** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
*** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.

Then the plugins are all built statically (.a files) instead of
.so files. AFAICT, this has not happened before.

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks,
Adam