Re: Done (was Re: [mass bug filing?] Short descriptions being used as long descriptions and other policy violations)

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 10:36:24PM +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:

> Just a note to all developers that I have sent the bugs (734) related to
> this policy violation. I hopefully have provided enough information in the
(...)

And, just for the record, I didn't check that the policy section has
changed numbers in the latest policy (3.6.1.0). Maintainers, please read
section 3.4 and 5.6.12, specially the following related extended
descriptions:

"   The description field needs to make sense to anyone, even people who
   have no idea about any of the things the package deals with."

So before closing the bug automatically consider if a normal user, with no
technical knowledge whatsoever can understand what your package is about
just reading the extended description.

Regards

Javi