Re: Accepted kaffe 1:1.1.1-1 (i386 source)

Peter S Galbraith <p.galbraith@globetrotter.net> wrote:
[...]
> Right.  I understood both points.  I was wondering about having the bug
> submitter there.  Maybe change the phrasing?

I usually don't list him/her, my changelogs are too long already. I do
list submitters who send the report by private mail instead of via
BTS, because othervise they wouldn't have any public record of their
help.

>  * Bug fix "debian-changelog mode to support fetching of bug to fill
>   in changelog", Thanks to Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp>
>   (Closes: #207852).

> But I've always thought listing the thitle didn't really say _what_ was
> fixed and _how_.  Most times, the title mentions a symptom but not the
> actual problem.  That why I never added that before.

The symptom often is much more interesting than the cause for the
audience, i.e. "blah does not crash immediately on startup on PowerPC"
instead of "Properly initialize char *foo in src/bar.c".
            cu andreas