Re: Accepted galeon 1.3.7.20030825-1 (i386 source)

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Michael Piefel wrote:

To answer you other questions after checking on a machine with Galeon 1.3 installed:

> Am 27.08.03 um 09:38:47 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> >    - the brush clearing the URL field
> ^L not working for you?
^L just marks the URL and thus removes the mouse buffer which I wanted to insert.
But the brush *clears* the URL entry and I'm able to paste the mouse buffer into
place.  That's a difference.

> >    - the "add bookmark to" menu entry to put a certain bookmark directly into
> >      the right place
> My menu has that entry, what's wrong with yours?

~> dpkg -l galeon | grep ^ii
ii  galeon         1.3.5.20030615 GNOME web browser for advanced users

This and all previous 1.3.x Galeon versions have only two entries in the top
of the bookmark menu and "add bookmark *to*" is missing.

> >    - the quick access to proxy settings and other settings which is nice
> >      to have in changing environments (Laptop)
> Ack. I'm not entirely sure about the philosophy behind it.
I think the philosophy is just that you have *quick* access to features you
*need*.

I forgot a further very helpful feature: External viewer / editor for viewing
page source is missing. Moreover the hotkey to view the source vanished.  (Again
this is no real _problem_ but Galeon was the browser of choice because of its
nifty small features which make life easier.)

And last but not least I'm missing the "Page information" feature.  No doubt that
the brilliant Galeon programmers are busy reimplementing this stuff and I would have
never claimed about it.  My reasoning was about it would be worth to have Galeon
inside Debian and if Galeon 1.3.x would not be possible for some reasons, than
I would be happy with 1.2.x.  Please do not count me among the people who blame
developers just because I made this list of not yet implemented features.  They
did a fine job and probably Gnome 2 integration is worth to cope with this
temporarily lack of features.

Kind regards

        Andreas.