Re: Updating packages' l10n without risk (~unrelated to previous)

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 10:27:44PM +0200, Martin Quinson wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 11:10:06AM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> > On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, Christian Perrier wrote:
> >
> > > And, as Steve pointed out, translation stuff is minimalistically
> > > invasive so this does not require an enormous amount of attention
> > > after the NMU.
> >
> > Yes, but there are new libraries that get linked to, new compilers, etc.
>
> It should be possible to get the source, rebuild to needed mo files
> (containing the translation in a compiled form), unpack the binary package,
> add the mo file and repack the binary package, shoudn't it ?

It might be better to ask why we are shipping translations in the
package at all, and figure out how to make it work with them split
out. Our current infrastructure can't handle it, but it's probably
possible to figure out something which can.

I don't have an interest in doing this, but somebody might.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |