ruby1.6 and ruby-defaults 1.6 is uploaded (Re: [RFC] Debian ruby policy (Re: Fw: Re: Ruby 1.8 transition plan; debian-ruby))

Hi,

I uploaded ruby1.6 and ruby-defaults (1.6.8-6) now.
Packages built from ruby1.6 source package is simply renamed from
ruby 1.6.8-5.

I plan ruby 1.8 transition:

- Wait a while until ruby1.6 and ruby-defaults are installed,
  because these are NEW packages.

- Keep ruby-defaults to 1.6 for about a week.
  In this period, ruby packages change to follow new debian ruby policy,
  renaming -ruby to -ruby1.6 or so.
  For important ruby module packages, that is, many packages depend on it,
  we'll NMU to rename -ruby to -ruby1.6 end of August(?) unless
  it is done by the maintainer.

  We already have ruby1.8 in unstable, you may build ruby packages
  named *-ruby1.8 for ruby1.8 now.

- Change ruby-defaults from 1.6 to 1.8

Regards,
Fumitoshi UKAI