Re: Ideas about allowing Co-maintainer

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 12:28:03PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:

> But my experience as a maintainer and patch submitter is that good
> patches are 95% likely to be eventually applied, and that they're 50%
> likely to be applied within a month. My experience is also that 10% of
> bugs tagged patch do not contain a patch, and >30% of patches are not
> good patches. One of the most important jobs of a package maintainer is
> filtering out bad ideas and bad patches.

I assume part of this maintainer _filtering_ is the removal of the tag
patch when the patch supplied in a bug report is deemed not to be a
_good_patch_?  If so, there appear to be a number of outstanding bug
reports that have not been addressed properly by their maintainers.

--
Jamin W. Collins

Remember, root always has a loaded gun.  Don't run around with it unless
you absolutely need it. -- Vineet Kumar