Re: Ideas about allowing Co-maintainer

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 01:13:49PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> Maybe instead of co-maintainership the creation of an alioth project
> with the same name could be suggested policy or written down as common
> practice for badly maintainer packages where people want to join in.

Tried it for mediamate (new name for the moviemate package) for
precisely the reason of letting others contribute.  However, since I'm
still a NM and not a full DD my project application was denied.

> Having it written down would everyone know what to expect, what to do
> and prevent anyone from complaining too much when its done.

Policy comes after the practice is already in place (seem to recall
seeing that a few time recently).

--
Jamin W. Collins

Remember, root always has a loaded gun.  Don't run around with it unless
you absolutely need it. -- Vineet Kumar