Re: [Proposal] Debconf4 in Brazil

Hi, Aníbal

> I'm very interested and I intent to go to Porto Alegre for Debconf4 if
> it's organized there.

Nice to read that. Joey hess told us that we "will come to Brazil even if it
means taking a bus". :)

> Last FISL was from Thu 5 to Sat 7 June 2003, so I guess it will happen
> again from Thu 3 to Sat 5 June 2004.

Exactly. Probably, Debcamp + Debconf will happen at 28 May until 01 June.

> IMO, it will be more effective to help DDs from other countries in
> America (America != US) like Argentina, Colombia, Chile, etc. With the
> same amount of money, you could bring more DDs from neighboring
> countries to Porto Alegre than from Europe, Canada or Australia.

Forum wants briging B. Peres because the work that her has been doing at Open Source Initiative (OSI). But we can think in this, specially if we get some international sponsorship.

> Who will provide internet access? Will you organize a debcamp (bug
> squash fest) as well?

Procempa will provide us with internet access and yes, we will organize a debcamp, with bug squash, bof, barbecue, culture's festival, etc.

> A debcamp may get some people interested to go to Porto Alegre.
>
> What sort of free acommodation are you offering?

We have a lot of options and will check all: vacantion colony, cowtry club, gym, etc. In some days, you'll can check our progress at http://www.debconf.org/debconf4.

Btw: you can see the archive (some messages are in portuguese) at
http://listas.cipsga.org.br/pipermail/debconf4/2003-August/thread.html

Cheers,

Michelle Ribeiro

Debian GNU/Linux - Your next Linux distribution
http://www.debian.org/ || http://www.spi-inc.org/