Re: About NM and Next Release

Matthew Palmer wrote:
> Aaaaand we don't have that now with debbugs?

I must admit that I haven't yet heard of a 'debbugs' package (although I
obviously know and use the BTS). But I get used to get to know new
'essential' packages every day. I guess that even in ten years I will
need to accept when someone tells me: "Idiot, why don't you take the
debxyz package for that?"

We are currently setting up the debbugs package for mentors.debian.net.
Unfortunately the documentation isn't quite correct any more (at least
not the exim configuration part) so we will have to fix a few things.
I think that you (Matthew) are quit right that tracing bugs in the BTS
is a better way than a cluttered tree of forum postings.

To cut it short: thanks for the pointer. I honestly hadn't expected to
learn anything from this never-ending flamewar. I really wonder why the
people all behave so well at conferences but beat the shit out of one
another on the mailing list. Is this less personal? What about a
"debian-devel-grownup" mailing list? ;)

 Christoph

--
~