Re: Zeroconf Debian?

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 01:28:15PM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> I'm currently at the SAGE-AU annual conference, and Apple presented a
> paper about their Rendezvous technology, which is their implementation of
> Zeroconf[1].

My experience of Rendezvous has been that it is a network-thrashing
traffic generator, which *has* to be disabled on a network of any
significant size, just to stop it from flooding everything else out.

Please be careful never to ship packages in a state which do this by
default; I can't count the number of hours I've wasted just turning
that stuff off. There's got to be a better solution.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |