Re: NM non-process

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 11:58:22AM -0500, Adam Majer wrote:
> When you have maintain a package, shouldn't you be able to fix
> it yourself?
>
> IMHO, people should not package or take over a package that they
> do not understand how it works. For example, a kernel maintainer

I think you're dreaming. For most packages this level of familiarity
isn't necessary.

I confess that I am only familiar in any detail with the source to a
small subset of my packages. (That doesn't mean I can't fix some
upstream bugs if upstream is awol of course.) If this makes me a bad
maintainer please nominate the packages you want to adopt.

Hamish