Re: Usefulness of SSMTP

Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org> wrote:
[...]
> SSMTP is not acceptable for those of us that use SMTP AUTH+TLS, unless
> it supports those (it didn't, last time I looked). In fact, there don't
> appear to be any "dumb" MTAs (like ssmtp or nullmailer) that support TLS
> and SMTP authentication. This is why I can't use Mutt anymore.

Esmtp http://esmtp.sourceforge.net/ was ITP'd recently (see recent
thread on -devel) which is supposed to be ale to do all that, if you
are interested you should give the upstream author a call and offer to
sponsor his packages. (Iirc he is on vacation right now).
             cu andreas
--
Hey, da ist ein Ballonautomat auf der Toilette!
Unofficial _Debian-packages_ of latest unstable _tin_