Re: NM non-process

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 13:11:47 -0500 (CDT)
Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> wrote:
> >     No, I never said their status was unjust.  I said the process appears
> > broken.  Two completely different statements.  I cannot think of any
> > conceivable justification for ANY application to be present for years.
> > That has nothing to do with just or unjust.

> Saying it's broken, implies you know the exact nature for the delay for some
> applicants, and that their long waiting period is not due to some real
> reason, but due to some magic value.  This implies you think it's unjust.

    Erm, no, read my message again.  The fact that there are people in the
queue that long, regardless of reason, is an indication that something is
wrong.  If the people are there because the DAM doesn't have the cajones to
say "No, we don't want you in the project" and decline their application is a
problem.  It has been said here several times about some people in the queue
that they are in the queue because the DAM doesn't want to let them in,
period.

    I am not saying the DAM is just or unjust in his determination.  I'm
saying that leaving them there when a determination has been made is broken.