Re: Why is sbcl getting installed during buildd builds?

Chris Cheney wrote:
> I noticed that several of my packages are failing to build on quite a
> few buildds. This is due to the sbcl maintainer uploading a broken
> version of sbcl today (afaict). However, my package doesn't even depend
> on sbcl at all, I use clean chroots to build my packages locally for
> i386 and it is not installed in it.
>
> Why is this package being pulled in?!

And the question I've been working on is: why is sbcl not
autobuilding. I've been uploading new versions trying to fix
autobuilding. The main problem seems to be that a build-dependency
[common-lisp-controller] is reported to already be installed by the
autobuilder, but SBCL's postinst is failing to find the scripts that
should be installed with common-lisp-controller.

For example, from
http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=sbcl&ver=0.8.2.12-3&arch=sparc&stamp=1059791838&file=log&as=raw
[...]
Build-Depends: debhelper (>> 4.1.16), sbcl, docbook-dsssl, common-lisp-controller (>= 3.56)
Checking for already installed source dependencies...
debhelper: missing
sbcl: missing
docbook-dsssl: missing
common-lisp-controller: already installed (in sufficient version 3.71 >= 3.56)
[...]
Setting up sbcl (0.8.1-1) ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/sbcl.postinst: line 36: clc-autobuild-impl: command
not found

So while the autobuilder thinks that common-lisp-controller is already
installed, it is not truly installed.

I'm working on uploading binary versions of sbcl to work around the
autobuilder problem.

--
Kevin Rosenberg
kevin@rosenberg.net