Re: setuid/setgid binaries contained in the Debian repository.

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 05:30:11PM +0300, Richard Braakman wrote:

> If you're just scanning for binaries with s bits set, then you'll
> probably miss all the ones that use whatever that tool was
> (suidmanager?) that was used by some packages before we had
> dpkg-statoverride.

  Yes I know that I'm missing a few, but apart from the ones that get
 +suided in the Debian/rules files, or are handled via other means
 then I've got a more comprehensive list than I've seen anywhere
 else.

  There's probably a lot to be said for building a chroot installation
 and installing each package in turn; but I don't have the time for that
 at the moment.

Steve
--
www.steve.org.uk