Re: Future releases of Debian

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 05:31:36PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 02:23:30PM -0600, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
>
> > Now you're assuming that I have access to the Debian machines.  TMK,
> > these machines are *not* public access machines, but instead are
> > accessible to full DDs only.  This excludes all new maintainer
> > applicants, myself included.
>
> The DAM discussion is a different discussion, no need to restart it in
> this thread.

I didn't attempt to restart it, I simply point out a flaw in the
argument provided.

> There are at least two ways how you can get an account on a machine in
> such a situation:
> - ask the Debian admins for a guest account on a machine of this
>   architecture

I was not aware that this was an option.  Is this documented somewhere
as an option to NMs or others?  I for one never considered it because
TMK it was restricted to full DDs only.  If this is not the case,
documentation to that effect could be very helpful.

--
Jamin W. Collins

Remember, root always has a loaded gun.  Don't run around with it unless
you absolutely need it. -- Vineet Kumar