Re: coreutils with acl support

hey Christoph,

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 03:27:47PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 08:18:02AM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> > libacl1 and libattr1 to base and required status. (Or demote coreutils
>
> Oh and btw, the depency on libattr1 is probably a bug.  Since glibc 2.3
> we have the xattr syscalls in libc (see /usr/include/sys/xattr.h)

Yeah, for some glibc versions its unnecessary now.  We'll
need libattr for preserving extended attributes in general
case, so not really a big deal I think.  Andreas is doing
some library work at the moment that may end up needing a
dependency between these two again, so I'll wait and see
how that pans out before thinking about changes.

cheers.

--
Nathan