Re: Excessive wait for DAM - something needs to be done

On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 05:15:49PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jul 2003, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
>
> > 2000-12-17 - Eray Ozkural <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr>
> >    http://nm.debian.org/nmstatus.php?email=erayo%40cs.bilkent.edu.tr
> >    * DAM Comment: Have asked applicant to get 5 sponsors.
>
> Read the list archives.  You'll find that this person might never be
> allowed into debian.

I've read them and remember it.  The point is, the comment on his status
page doesn't truly summarize the situation (thus the comment is fairly
useless), and there's no point in leaving the application in awaiting
DAM approval.  If DAM still doesn't feel they can approve this account
after this long, it should be denied and the application closed.  What
purpose does leaving the application open for over two years awaiting
DAM approval that it will most likely _never_ (based on the archives)
get.

Also that is but one of many people waiting on the list for an excessive
amount of time, what about all the others?  Do you consider the wait
times listed as reasonable and to be expected?  As I believe I've made
very clear, I don't.

--
Jamin W. Collins

This is the typical unix way of doing things: you string together lots
of very specific tools to accomplish larger tasks. -- Vineet Kumar