Re: Please remove RFCs from the documentation in Debian packages

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 05:16:07PM -0700, Brian Nelson wrote:
> It's more acceptable to me than the alternative: to move a good portion
> of documentation to non-free where it will not be distributed by
> vendors, will not be considered "part of Debian" and thus will be under
> threat of removal, and will be considered a "lower class" package.

So rather than call a non-free package "non-free", we should call it
"free", since being free is better than being non-free?

What kind of drugs have you been taking?

> Fortunately, the situation you describe is unlikely to occur because few
> people are perverse enough to make their software free but their
> documentation very non-free.

This is precisely the scenario we are currently discussing.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-             -><-          | London, UK