Re: Windows macro virus

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003, Dany Vanderroost wrote:

> Dear Sir, Madam,
> I have just received a windows macro virus/virus from you,

Debian GNU/Linux machine, which is immune to windows macro virii.  The list
software also doesn't rewrite headers to obscure the original sender of the
e-mail.

I'm willing to bet a considerable sum that debian-devel@lists.debian.org
isn't the actual source of the virus, but that instead the virus forged the
From: header in the e-mail you received - a trivial operation.

> Please either change operating systems to something secure,
> undertake to secure your windows machine, or disconnect
> your machine from the internet.

And please realise that for quite some time now virii have been forging
From: lines, and that these sorts of e-mails are utterly useless, and merely
annoying.

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer, Geek In Residence