Re: but I want the GNU versions of packages

Dan Jacobson (2003-06-28 07:57:55 +0800) :

> Gentlemen, after I installed "Debian GNU/Linux", I found I had to
> take extra steps to get the GNU version of a program installed, as
> some other leading brand alternative was in its stead.
>
> So what is the single command to apt-get install all the GNU
> versions of everything?

I humbly suggest "apt-get install task-gnu-only".  Of course, someone
will have to make and maintain that task package, but once done, there
you are.  Or you could start a Debian-GNU-Only subproject.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus.