ximiam connector

Is there anyone else out there trying to run Connector on
Debian (sid)?

Although Ximian strongly discourages a direct download of
Connector (because Ximian urges the use of Red Carpet), the
binaries are available at
<http://www.ximian.com/products/connector/download/connector.html>.

Unfortunately, of course, there is no Debian package at the
download site.  I purchased last October a license for
Connector because, at the time, Debian support was
supposedly forthcoming.  Although I never have used it, the
license that I purchased should still work if only I can
figure out how to make one of the RPMs from the Connector
download page install properly onto my Debian sid system.

I've tried alien on a couple of the packages, but so far, no
good.

It would be very cool to make this work.

--
Thomas E. Vaughan <tevaughan@attbi.com>