postrm hangs after restart of apache

Hi,

I'm currently trying to write a postrm file for a debian
package containing a php4 web application. During postinst
I did set up apache und PostgreSQL. When I try to purge
or remove the package, the postrm bash script fails quite
early after I had removed the included http.conf file
of my application and tried to restart apache. Actually
it doesn't fail but simply got stuck. I need to Ctrl-C
to get out.

The following code within postrm

  remove)
    # Coments include file on the main config of the webserver
    if [ -f /usr/share/wwwconfig-common/apache-cominclude_all.sh ]; then
      for server in $webservers; do
        . /usr/share/wwwconfig-common/apache-cominclude_all.sh
        if [ "$status" = "comment" ]; then
          restart="$restart $server"
         fi
      done
    fi

    # Restart modified webservers
    if [ -f /usr/share/wwwconfig-common/restart.sh ]; then
      servers="apache-ssl apache"
      . /usr/share/wwwconfig-common/restart.sh
      # need some sleep, otherwise this skript hangs
      sleep 5
    fi
  ;;

produces

++ log=Include of /etc/us-adressdatenbank/apache.conf found in apache
config files, commenting.Commenting import for
/etc/us-adressdatenbank/apache.conf in /etc/apache/httpd.conf.apache
needs to be restarted.
++ '[' -x /etc/init.d/apache ']'
++ /etc/init.d/apache restart
+ sleep 5
+ '[' remove = purge ']'
+ exit 0

It appears like the 'sleep 5' which I added for debugging has improved
the situation. /var/log/apache/error.log contains lines like

[Thu Jun 26 12:05:09 2003] [crit] (98)Address already in use: make_sock:
could not bind to port 80

which sounds like the restart failed. If that is the problem, could
somebody enlighten me on how to fix it.

Thanks for the help

  Uwe
--
  MMK GmbH, Universitaetsstr. 11, 58097 Hagen
  Uwe.Steinmann@mmk-hagen.de