Re: Bug #193271: galeon: should register in /etc/alternatives/x-www-browser

Hi,
  I've been unable to find documentation about how we're supposed to
choose a priority for alternatives. It seems like every web browser
maintainer likes their browser the most, so wants it to be the highest.
I'm CC'ing debian-devel in the hope that somebody will be able to point
me in the direction of some useful documentation, or at least help
resolve the problem with web browsers.
  The comment below seems valid - the most common browsers should have
the lowest number, but what should this be (in general)?

--
  .''`. Mark Howard
 : :' :