Re: kernel 2.5.73+, fakeroot, debuild - a small problem

Marek Habersack <grendel@debian.org> wrote:
>  Running debuild as normal user under the 2.5.73+ kernel results in fakeroot
> actually setting the file ownership to root (or any other uid/gid for that
> matter).
[...]

Either there is a big misunderstanding or a big bug in 2.5.73+.
Are you saying that using fakeroot I can actually do this?

touch /tmp/breaking.alice.quota
chmod 666 /tmp/breaking.alice.quota
fakeroot chown alice /tmp/breaking.alice.quota
cat < /dev/zero  > /tmp/breaking.alice.quota

         cu andreas
--
Hey, da ist ein Ballonautomat auf der Toilette!
Unofficial _Debian-packages_ of latest unstable _tin_