Re: [mass bug filing?] Short descriptions being used as long descriptions and other policy violations

Johannes Rohr wrote:
> I'd say that writing a meaningful package description is certainly the
> duty of the individual package maintainer. A package maintainer should
> usually have an idea of what his/her package is good for, while Javier
> would probably have to spend a lot more time to figure that out, at
> least for lesser known packages.
However, not providing a better description will (likely) not get anything done.

> I don't think that filing a bug saying that "Your extended package
> description does not meet Debian policy requirements. Please consider
> writing 4-5 lines to give sysadmins an idea what your package can do
> for them." means asking too much from a Debian maintainer.
You don't. But I can't help but think that there are a lot of obvious
maintainer's duties more or less neglected - often by simple obmission, but
sometimes patterns show.

Cheers

T.