Re: Proposal: removing libc5, altgcc and all their old-days dependencies

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 12:57:03PM +0200, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> Mmmmm, that's the basis of freelosophy. Don't use proprietary formats and don't
> use proprietary software. The risk of being unable to use your own
> documents is concrete. Who owns your docs? Corel does. Microsoft does.

Which is all nice, and which I agree with, but it doesn't solve the problem
of what to do with the documents before you realized this was the case!

In my own case, I have WordPerfect 4.x and 5.x documents dating back to the
late 80s and early 90s that still require occasional usage of WordPerfect.
Since providing this capability requires only free software on Debian's
part, where exactly is the problem?